- Community Writing Class
- 18 students
- 20 service hours each
- 1 mo – time in The House to experience our culture
- Then will pair up with residents to do collaborative writing projects
- Social Worker Service Learning
- 10 social work students – 20 service hours each
- Sociology Research Project
- Sociology student will study resident/care partner interactions
- Neurodegeneration: Communication and Care Class
- New class in IU Department of Public Health
- Teach person centered dementia care to pre-med and other pre-professional students
- Instructors do clinical experience at Jill’s House
- Students will do clinical experience at Jill’s House
- Public Health Research Project
- Intergenerational kokondo class
- Robotics Research Project
- Swapna Joshi is doing doctoral study on using robots to facilitate intergenerational communication.
- School of Informatics Research Project
- The Future Matrix of Care: Communities, Networks, and Technology
- Funded by the National Science Foundation
- Study’s purpose is to understand how care is delivered by caregivers and how it is experienced by care receivers.
- They will be doing paid interviews with our staff.
- 3 IU interns: social work, administration, nursing
We also have a IU student doing her Capstone Project at Jill’s House. She is with us full time until mid-April. She is using the What Matters To Me Tool to gather life history and preference information about our residents. Our 3 interns are participating in this project.
We are a clinical site for Hoosier Hills Vocational School Health Sciences class.
IU Clubs participating at Jill’s House: ST Club, PA Club, Medlife.