Who knows what you are going through better than other caregivers? All family caregivers can benefit from talking with others in similar situations. At our support groups, caregivers can share their day to day experiences and learn more about the resources and options.
Support groups are offered at Jill’s House regularly throughout the month, led by a social worker or bereavement counselor. These groups offer respite for the caregiver and an activity for their loved one. See the activity calendar for dates and times.
Benefits to attending a support group:
- Feeling understood
- Building friendships with other caregivers
- Increased knowledge of disease processes
- Learning best practices for caregivers
- Feeling less lonely, isolated, or judged
- Sharing local community resources
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving your coping skills